Spay and Neuter and Other Pet Surgeries in Charlotte, NC
Whether your pet needs a routine or elective surgical procedure, our doctors at Partners Animal Hospital in Charlotte can provide for their needs. Our hospital is equipped with a state-of-the-art surgical suite, and our team follows strict guidelines before, during, and after any procedure to ensure your pet receives the best care and always remains safe and comfortable.
Call Partners Animal Hospital today to discuss your pet’s treatment options or book a follow-up appointment!
Why We Spay and Neuter for Dogs and Cats
Spaying and neutering have long been recommended to prevent animal pregnancies, but they can also benefit your pet’s health and behavior in a few ways.
- Spaying/neutering can improve your pet’s quality of life and extend their lifespan
- These surgeries can help to reduce the risk of life-threatening cancers (breast cancer, testicular cancer, etc.)
- Spaying/neutering can help to reduce or prevent negative behaviors such as roaming, vocalizing, and urine spraying
Additionally, spay and neuter surgeries help to reduce the stray animal population, relieving pressure on local animal shelters and rescues and saving many animals from euthanasia.
Our Pet Surgery Safety Protocols
Safety is always our highest priority for every pet surgery. To minimize anesthesia risks as much as possible and ensure the best outcome for your pet, we follow these protocols:
Running pre-anesthetic blood work to screen for illness and assess your pet’s organ function prior to anesthesia
Providing an IV catheter so our team can easily administer fluids and medications during surgery
Monitoring vitals with advanced equipment and our knowledgeable surgical team
Additional Surgeries We Provide
Along with spay and neuter surgery, our team can perform a variety of pet surgery procedures including:
- Wound treatment and repair
- Skin growth/tag removal
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Abdominal exploratory surgery
- Foreign body removal
- Tumor removal